TYPES OF BOOKS / BOOK GENRES
ELEMENTS OF A STORY
JOBS IN BOOKS
PARTS OF A BOOK
The ending was brilliant/unexpected / weak.
It was a bit slow in the middle.
I started really well.
They weren`t convincing.
I loved the narrator.
I couldn`t relate to them.
Her descriptions are amazing / accurate.
She writes great / very natural dialogue.
His style is very clear.
Study words in context
1. The hero is the main character in a novel.
- 2. Do you ever buy a book because you like its front cover?
- 3. If the main character is a female, we call her the heroine.
- 4. You can borrow books from a library.
- 5. The setting of a novel is the place where the actor happens.
- 6. The here of a story falls in love with the villain`s daughter.
- 7. You can`t judge a book by its cover. I couldn`t buy the English book because the bookstore was closed.
- 8. The setting of the story is Spain during the Civil War.
- 9. How many characters are there in the novel?
10.The ending of the story was a bit predictable.